Friday, June 3, 2011

I have been lost...

So I know I have not posted in a very long time - been going through some personal stuff with my Dad and he finally passed away on May 19th. I am very sad but I know in my heart that he is in a better place and reunited with the love of his life, my Mom! Rest in peace Dad.

The picture above was taken about 3 summers ago while he was still in pretty good shape. He always did enjoy eating steamed crabs and this was taken at a family crab feast.

Well, on to scrappy things - I am very excited because I rearranged my whole scrap room last night and tomorrow I am having my sister and my besties over for some much needed scrap/fun time. And the Mister is going to cook a lovely dinner for us. I haven't scrapped in so long as it seems that I don't like to do it alone anymore so I am really looking forward to it and hopefully will be able to post some layouts in the next few days.

I am also tossing around an idea for a birthday card/keepsake for my daughter. She turns 20 in two weeks and I have been making a list of "20 things I love about you" and would like to transform the list into a special card that she could keep. I am thinking it is going to have to be multiple pages, so maybe a waterfall effect type card? Anyone have any ideas? I know some of you very crafty people can come up with a few suggestions - all ideas and comments are welcome!

1 comment:

Rachel Holaday said...

I am so sorry for the loss of your Dad! Grief is a long road...
As for your keepsake card, what if you took one of those pocket pages for organizing photos (the ones that are 12x12 but have 6 4x6 pockets) and cut it in half down the seam. Use one or both halves, glue one end to the card and accordion fold in until just one 4x6 panel shows on the front. make some kind of fastener (photo clip would work or a ribbon tie) and then she can open it and you have both sides of multiple 4x6 spaces you can decorate. Does that make sense? :) Good luck!