Wednesday, March 23, 2011

5 Favorite Scrapbooking items

Today's prompt asked us to make a list of 5 favorites things or inspirations. I wanted to participate today since I didn't get a chance to yesterday, but I don't have a lot of time to really think about the 5 most favorite things in my life so I am taking an easy way out and posting my 5 favorite scrapbooking items - things I can't scrap without:


1. Pictures - duh! I know this seems a little nonsensical, who can scrap without pictures? Well there are some people who do layouts that do not contain photos, but I am not one of them. I love pictures of my family to scrap about. Now that my children are getting older, the oldest being away at college - I find that I have less opportunities to snap a photo of my two favorite subjects so recently I have been scrapping more about my pets and also have been redoing baby books and such.


2. Bling - I think this started when my most of my scrapping revolved around my daughter twirling baton. I developed a love of all things that sparkle and have never looked back.



3. Friends - I have become a social scrapper - would much rather scrap with my friends then alone.


4. Cricut - I love my Cricut! I like being able to cut my own letters and never worrying if I have enough e's


5. My Clip it Up - I painted mine purple which is my favorite color. My clip it up is two tiered with the extension on the upper tier and I also have a mini. It keeps my embellishments and BLING sorted and organized so I can easily find what I need to complete my pages.


I hope you enjoyed my list - the photo is of my daughter in her award winning baton solo to Michael Buble's "Save the Last Dance for Me". I know it is dark, but she is the reason I started scrapping over 10 years ago and I have never once regretted it.

7 comments:

Cheri said...

great list. I also love bling and my clip-it-up

Jimjams said...

Great list - I love to scrap and agree that scrapping with friends is SO much fun!

Melissa said...

What a great list - I like my Cricut, too. It's so handy for creating titles anytime!

Sandra said...

I'm another cricut fan too.

Stephanie Medley-Rath said...

Ooh! I want to see a photo of the clip it up! Found you through BFS.

Maria Ontiveros said...

I love that fact that your daughter used to twirl baton. I find it really interesting to discover whole new worlds of children's activities that I know nothing about.
Rinda

furrypig said...

Great list, I have never scrapped with anyone else so i would be a new experience.... must be brave and try a crop sometime!